About & Contact
Olive Knits: Effortless, seamless styles for hand knitting
- Well-written patterns with clear language
- Photo and video tutorials to assist with new techniques and to guarantee your success
- Patterns that are professionally tech edited and tested in a range of sizes by knitters at a range of skill levels
- Clear photography
- Additional web support and photos on nearly every design
- Sweaters that FIT with predictable results
- Flattering shapes for real figures
- Try-on-as-you-go designs
- Shapes and styles that you’ll really wear
- Mix and match, easy to layer pieces
- Ideal for a capsule wardrobe
- Share your success on social media and let me celebrate with you! Use #oliveknits or tag me on Instagram @oliveknits
- If you have a pattern question that is not addressed in the written instructions or in the online support, email me at oliveknits @ comcast.net
About the Designer:
Welcome, my creative friend! My name is Marie Greene, and I’m the modern stylist and knitter behind the scenes (and needles) of Olive Knits.
I love spreadsheets, travel, Nordic Noir, rainy days, sturdy bags with handles, the smell of wet earth and tomato vines, a glass of Pinot Noir, and charcuterie with cheese and olives. (I’m a former vegan who made an exception for cheese on a trip to Paris and couldn’t go back.) I am an early riser and do my best work before the sun comes up in the morning.
I love seamless sweaters because I’m enamored of their efficiency and portability. I visualize a design based on pieces I want in my closet – pieces I believe you might want in YOUR closet – and I translate them into a process that makes them a joy to create. My design philosophy is a little like an olive – it’s simple, it’s succinct and it packs a punch:
Effortless, Seamless Style
Because you shouldn’t have to choose between a creative experience, functionality and a brilliant closet.
Let me help.