Thursday, Sept. 24 through Saturday, Sept. 26
We are so excited about our inaugural Knit Camp virtual retreat! While this exclusive retreat is for members of our Knit Camp community, we’ve saved a few special spots for our friends who may not have joined Knit Camp yet but are eager to see what it’s all about!
While it’s not easy to get away to The Coast right now, we’ll be bringing The Oregon Coast to you in this 2+ day virtual (online) event. Not sure if you can attend live? All events and classes will be recorded so you can catch the ones you miss.
If you miss having the chance to connect with other knitters, need inspiration to brighten your life, love learning and laughing with friends, and get excited when you see a special mail delivery filled with yarn-y goodness on your doorstep, this retreat is for you!
You will find all the juicy details about the workshops below.
We’ll laugh, learn and knit together in our cozy virtual space, and we’ll pretend we have our toes in the sand while we do it!
Thursday, September 24 through Saturday, September 26
Join us for the full Knit Camp at the Coast VIP Retreat experience! There will be virtual classes, an exclusive retreat pattern, recipes, cocktail hour, and special yarn-y discounts in our very own (tiny) retreat marketplace. PLUS VIPs will receive exclusive retreat swag (including a custom dyed skein of yarn) delivered right to your door before the retreat begins.
All activities will be recorded, so you can join us live or catch the replay later when you have time (or both!). Did we mention you’ll get an exclusive swag box filled with swagtastic Knit Camp at The Coast goodies (including a skein of custom yarn from Sew Happy Jane)???
Registration opens Monday, Aug. 24 and closes Friday, Sept. 4 (or when all spots are full)
Space is limited so don’t wait – we would LOVE to have you! Keep reading below for more details or register now to grab your spot!
Please note that all times are provided in Pacific Time Zone (Los Angeles). Itinerary may be subject to small changes prior to the event. Your retreat dashboard will indicate final itinerary prior to the start date.
P.S. Want to know more about each individual class listed below? Click here to read class details.
Thursday, September 24th:
- 5 PM (Pacific): Retreat Pre-Party with Marie (THE Olive Knits!) and Scott (Mr. Olive Knits) – Mr. Olive Knits is making us a cocktail!
- 5:30 PM: Evening Pajama Party and Cocktail/Mocktail Mixer on Zoom
Friday, September 25th:
- 8 AM (Pacific): Morning Coffee Kick-Off (Zoom)
- Class: SECRETS OF YOUR LYS – A peek at the magic behind the scenes (and how to tap into it) with Sarah Keller
- Class: CUFFS, HEELS & TOES (How to Reinforce Your Socks) – Don’t let your hand-knit heels or toes get holey! with Marie Greene
- Lunch Break & Marketplace LIVE shopping with Makers’ Mercantile
- Class: KEEPING KNITTERS (& CAMPERS) HAPPY – How to keep your body happy (and flexible!) while you knit – including simple, gentle stretches (no experience needed) with Marcie Leek
- Class: CUSTOM SOCKS – How to create your own (top-down) socks to fit any feet with Marie Greene
- 6 PM: Cocktail/Mocktail Party online
Saturday, September 26th:
- 8 AM (Pacific): Coffee Kick-Off (Zoom) with the Knit Camp Team
- Class: TWO-COLOR BRIOCHE – Learn the tricks of two-color brioche as you knit Hester’s Hat with Lori Versaci (Note: Pattern must be purchased separately – it is not included)
- Class: VIP LOUNGE STRETCH MINI-SESSION A little invigorating reprieve to rejuvenate you as you dive into more hours of knitting with Marcie Leek
- Class: STRANDED KNITTING: UNLOCKING THE SECRETS OF LOCKED FLOATS – if you’ve ever looked at the back of stranded colorwork and were astonished to see NO FLOATS (and wondered how!?), you’ll love this workshop with Kyle Kunnecke
- Class: ENHANCE YOUR HANDKNITS WITH A KNITTING MACHINE – Go behind the scenes to see how you can use a knitting machine to seam and finish your hand knits (really!). You’ll never look at a knitting machine the same way again with Heidi Hennessy
- 5:30 PM: After-Party on Zoom!
*Final itinerary and schedule will be posted on Monday, Sept 21st.
Registration is now closed
Meet Our Instructors
Marie is our fearless founder and Knit Camp leader, best-selling author of Seamless Knit Sweaters in 2 Weeks and Knit Shawls & Wraps in 1 Week, and founder of Olive Knits since 2014. Marie lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, and together they have three grown sons and two kittens.
You probably already know Marie (psst… you’re on her website right now) but – if not – you can read her full bio here.
Heidi Hennessy has worked in the fiber industry for over a decade. She owns and operates Lux Adorna Knits, Heidi Hennessy Luxury Knitwear and is now taking her machine knitting expertise to the next level by offering online courses in her Knitting Machine School. She loves the great indoors, lives in a house full of men, and has an ungrateful rescue cat. As a Knit Camper herself, she is excited to virtually hang out with all of you campers at the retreat!
Learn more at luxadornaknits.com
Sarah Keller opened Knot Another Hat in 2005 with a dream of sharing her passion for yarn and knitting with customers, friends, and visitors, both locally and online. Fifteen years later she still has no self-control in casting on, lives to knit sweaters (more than any one Oregonian can wear in a winter), and delights in sharing stories and community with her customers near and far.
Learn more at knotanotherhat.com
Seattle designer Kyle Kunnecke has a not-so-secret passion for colorwork. Through his fiber workshops he provides inspiration to his students; exploring the skills necessary to continue their personal knitting journeys. His patterns are published in numerous knitting books and magazines, by yarn companies, and under his label, Kyle William. He leads workshops at national and international events, including TNNA, TKGA, Vogue Knitting LIVE, and Loch Ness Knit Fest. His book, Urban Knit Collection: 18 City-Inspired Knitting Patterns for the Modern Wardrobe (Interweave, 2016) showcases projects that utilize the techniques he loves to share with his students. www.kylewilliam.com.
Marcie Leek is a certified yoga instructor from Seattle, Washington with over 500 hours of training and over 1,000 hours of teaching experience. She owns her own business, Nourishing Breath Yoga, and teaches weekly classes, currently via Zoom. Marcie is also an enthusiastic knitter and Knit Camper! After dealing with the pain and frustration of a “knitting injury” that led to months of recuperation, she created Yoga for Knotted Knitters, whose mission is to share resources and information with knitters and crafters that will keep them creating, healthy, and happy. She is super excited to be a part of the Knit Camp at the Coast virtual retreat and to teach you how and why to keep your body supple, flexible, and strong so you can maintain knitting longevity!
Lori Versaci, of VERSACIKNITS, is an independent knitwear designer, creating wearable, modern knits that explore shape, texture and construction since 2009. While sweaters have been the mainstay of her work, shawls, wraps and hats have been her main foray into working with color!
Lori works from studios in New Jersey and Maine and enjoys yoga, sailing and her four children, three dogs and husband (not necessarily in that order).
Thursday, Sept. 24 to Saturday, Sept. 26
Thursday Evening VIP Mixer & Camp Pajama Party
Two days of virtual classes with Marie and Friends
(with recorded access until Dec. 31, 2020)
Yoga for Knitters
SWAG including yarn, a retreat badge, and so more!