Named for the tides when the moon passes apogee, Apogean is a coastal-inspired v-neck pullover with seamless, top-down shaping and artfully shaped raglan sleeves. The stripes are knit in dreamy muted shades, reminiscent of the tidepools near the shore, but would be just as lovely in contrasting colors for a more dramatic, nautical look. The pattern includes two sleeve options: short sleeves (shown) and long sleeves.
32 (34, 36, 38, 40, 44, 48, 52)
Finished bust: 34 (36, 38, 40, 42, 46, 50, 54) in
Approximately 2″ of ease included
- Short Sleeve: 728 (791, 856, 930, 1005, 1130, 1270, 1422) yards Willow Fingering, The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers 75% Blue Face Leicester (BFL) & 25% Nylon 464 yards 100g/3.5oz skein equal amounts color 1 and color 2 to total amount listed above
- Long Sleeve: 1028 (1115, 1206, 1308, 1413, 1586, 1780, 1993) yards – as above
- US Size 3/3.25mm (32″) circular needle (body)
- US Size 1/2.25mm (24-32″) circular needle (neck ribbing)
- US Size 3/3.25mm (12-16″ or dpn) sleeves
- US Size 2/2.75mm (12″ or dpn) sleeve ribbing
- Use needle size necessary to obtain gauge
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch markers
27 st and 33 rows over 4″ stockinette with larger needle
Yarn substitutions may create different results. Please bear this in mind.
BE SURE to knit stripes into your swatch and wet-block to test the colorfastness of your yarn.
See pattern tips here.