Dreaming of your next sunny getaway? Whether you’re in need of a portable travel project, or just ready for a mental vacation, you’ll love these ocean-inspired socks for a little mood-knitting. Throw on some beach tunes, stick an umbrella in your drink and let’s bring the beach to us. Beach, please!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes: Women’s S (M, L). Designed to be worn with 1-1.5 in/2.5-3.75 cm negative ease. (See Finished Measurements)
Gauge: 36 st and 42 rows in 4 in/10 cm in stockinette stitch, unblocked
- Fingering Weight Sock Yarn | 1 skein Sew Happy Jane Happy Fingering | 80% superwash merino/20% nylon | 463 yards/423m per 100 g
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 1/2.25 or 2.5mm 5-6 in/12-15 cm DPNs (double point needles)
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- Darning needle to weave-in ends
- Blocking pins, blocking mat
Your finished sock circumference will be as shown below.
- Small: 7.1 in/17.75 cm (to fit foot sizes 8.1 in/ 20.3 cm – 8.6 in/21.5 cm)
- Medium: 7.8 in/19.5 cm (to fit foot sizes 8.8 in/ 22 cm – 9.3 in/23.2 cm)
- Large: 8.4 in/21 cm (to fit foot sizes 9.4 in/ 23.6 cm – 10 in/25 cm)
- Tip: Measure about 1.5 in/3.75cm above base of your ankle to determine your size