Colorful pinstripes had their heyday in the 1980s and I admit I was no stranger to their charms. I had a certain capri twinset with tiny multicolor stripes that I was pretty sure looked amazing on me. (I love how confident we are about ourselves when we’re too young to start believing we shouldn’t be.) This beanie is my genderless nod to those beautifully precise stripes of color that I remember from the “it” brands back in the day. For a twist, try gradient shades or even neutrals.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Sizes: Unisex adult S (M, L)
- Fingering weight | Knitted Wit Victory Fingering | 100% superwash merino | 400 yards/366 m in 115 g 1 skein main color + 6 rainbow minis | 580 yards in all
- Main Color: Carbon (dark grey) 400 yards
- Contrast Colors: Glow Up Minis (45 yards each of 6 different colors)
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge (especially row gauge) and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
Gauge: 27 st and 36 rows in 4 in/10 cm in stockinette stitch, blocked
- US Size 2/2.75 mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – ribbing and body of hat
- US Size 2/2.75 mm DPNs – to close crown
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch marker
- Pom pom maker or purchased pom pom (optional)
- Blocking pins, blocking mat
- Circumference on body of hat: 17 (18, 20) in/42 (46, 50) cm
- Length from cast-on edge to top closure: 10.5 in/26.75 cm
Breakfast Club was originally released in 2019. It was revised and updated in 2021.