A delightfully textured beanie featuring bold stitch details in two-colors. With a folded brim and cozy stranded design (using the incredibly addictive and super simple Creel Stitch technique), the Electric Creel Beanie will fly right off the needles just in time for cold weather wear.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes: Preemie (Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen/Sm Adult, Lg Adult) referred to as sizes 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) throughout pattern. Designed to be worn with negative ease. For a little extra room, go up one size.
- DK Weight | Urban Girl Yarns Boston DK | 100% Superwash Merino | 230 yards in 100 grams | 100 grams MC (Alaskan Salmon), approximately 50 grams CC (natural)
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 7/4.5mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – body of hat
- US Size 5/3.75mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – brim/ribbing
- US Size 7/4.5mm DPNs – to close the crown
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
Gauge: 23 stitches and 23 rows in 4 in/10 cm in Creel Stitch
- Circumference: 8.25 (12.5, 15.25, 16.75, 18, 19.5) in/20.75 (31.25, 38.25, 41.75, 45.25, 48.75) cm
- Folded brim to top of crown: 5.5 (6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 9, 10) in/13.75 (16.25, 18.75, 21.25, 22.5, 25) cm