KNIT CAMP EXCLUSIVE from Guest Designer Michele Lee Bernstein
Embellishment is a cozy cowl, knit in the round from the bottom up. You can add bling with sparkly yarn, beads, and contrasting color. Embellishment features a Quilted Lattice slip stitch pattern, and an elongated Shell Lace novelty stitch pattern. Three sizes are included, but you can increase/decrease your stitch count by multiples of 12 for sizes in between and beyond.
Beads are optional, but highly recommended for the 22 (24)” cowls. You can knit the Quilted Lattice with or without beads, or knit the “quilting” threads in your contrast color, with or without beads. So many options!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Size: One Size
- Fingering weight | Schmutzerella Yarns Spectacular (75/20/5 Superwash merino/nylon/stellina) | 438 yards/401 meters in 100g | Pictured: n Sorcerer’s Stone (MC) and Sickle (CC)
- MC: 200 (220, 315) yards/180 (201, 288) m
- CC: 66 (75, 105) yards/60 (69, 96) m
Needles & Hooks
- US #4/3.5 mm 24 inch circular needle
- US 13/14 (.090 mm) crochet hook for placing beads, or Bead Aid tool
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- 22 sts/4”(10 cm) in Quilted Lattice stitch, after blocking
- Note: Gauge is not critical, but will affect the size and yarn requirements for your project.
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch markers
- Beads (optional): 400 size 6/0 beads for narrower cowls, 600 for 34” cowl
- Cowl is 22 (24, 35)”/56 (61, 89) cm around, and 9”/23 cm tall
- Note: Cowl is highly adjustable – you can increase or decrease the stitch count by a multiple of 12 stitches.
Looking for more with Michele? Click and connect with her here!