Add a little spark with this delightful toasty topper! This slouchy beanie is a quick knit for anyone in the family.
For the baby/child sweater, see the Firecracker Pullover here.
For the adult sweater, see the Fireworks Pullover here.
For matching adult accessories, see the Fireworks Cowl, Fireworks Shawl and Firecracker Socks.
Skill Level : Advanced Beginner
Sizes : Baby (Toddler, Child, Teen/Adult Sm, Adult Lg) referred to as sizes 1 (2, 3, 4, 5) throughout pattern
- DK weight | Neighborhood Fiber Company Organic Studio DK| 100% organic merino | 275 yards/251 meters in 4 oz/113 g| 180 (190, 200, 210, 210) yards/165 (174, 183, 192, 192) meters
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 4/3.5mm (12-16 in/30-40 cm) circular needle – ribbing
- US Size 5/3.75mm (12-16 in/30-40 cm) circular needle – body of hat
- US Size 5/3.75mm DPNs – crown
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
Gauge: 21 st and 30 rows in 4 in/10 cm with largest needle in stockinette stitch, blocked
Finished Measurements (blocked)
- Head circumference: 14.75 (17.25, 18.25, 20.5, 22.75) in/ 37.25 (42.75, 45.75, 51.5, 57.25) cm
- Top of crown to bind-off edge (ribbing unfolded): 7 (7.75, 9, 10.25, 10.75) in/ 14 (15.75, 17.75, 20.25, 22) cm
Errata (pg 4) updated 2/22/22
Please note the change in the right column, affecting size 4. Updated details are in bold.
Sizes 4 & 5: [K11, M1L] rep bet brackets to end of
round – 96 st
Sizes 4 & 5: Knit one round
Size 4 ONLY: [K8, M1L] rep bet brackets to end of round, then move ahead to Hat Body instructions – 108 st