When it’s time to embrace change, welcome new adventures and say “Peace Out” to the past, this sweet beanie is just the thing to mark the occasion. Peace Out partners vintage stitch details (knit at a fine gauge) with fresh, modern colors. This versatile hat is available in three adult size options for any gender and can be finished with or without the pom pom.
Sizes: Adult S (M, L)
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 36 st and 52 rows in 4 in/10 cm in afghan st (zig-zag) pattern, blocked
- 36 st and 40 rows in stockinette stitch, blocked
Fingering weight | Brooklyn Tweed Peerie | 100% US grown merino | 210 yards/ 192 meters in 50g | 300 – 350 yards/274 – 293 meters in all
- Color A: Mesa (210 – 230 yards/192 – 210 meters)
- Color B: Seaglass (45 – 60 yards/41 – 55 meters)
- Color C: Arabesque (45 – 60 yards/41 – 55 meters)
Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 1/2.25mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – ribbing and body
- US Size 1/2.25mm DPNs – to close crown
- For a more relaxed fit, go up a needle size.
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch markers
- Pom-Pom (optional)
- Blocking pins, blocking mat
- Circumference: 18.7 (20, 21.3) in/46.66 (50, 53.33) cm, blocked
- Designed to be worn with approximately 2 in/5 cm negative ease. For a good fit, choose the finished measurement that is approximately 2 in/5 cm smaller than your head circumference.
Peace Out Beanie was originally published in 2019. It was updated, revised and rereleased in 2021.