This semi-slouchy beanie has a snug fit around the head and a little “slouch” at the back – and features all-over texture with pixelated details in three contrasting colors. The Pixel Beanie knits up in no time with texture that is simple to work and easy to remember. Choose your favorite team colors or go classic with our winning formula: one light neutral, one dark neutral, and one pop color.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Preemie (Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen/Sm Adult, Lg Adult) referred to as sizes 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) throughout pattern
- Intended to be worn with 1-2 in/2.5-5 cm negative ease
Sport weight | Knit Picks High Desert Sport | 100% American Wool | 75% Merino/25% Rambouillet | 298 yards/272 meters in 100 g
Three Colors | 1 (100 g) ball each (this will be enough to knit a beanie and a pair of fingerless mitts – and may still be enough for another small beanie or set of mitts!)
MC — Medium Blue
CC1 — White
CC2 — Grey
Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 2/2.75 mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – ribbing/brim
- US Size 3/3.25 mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – body of hat
- US Size 3/3.25 mm DPNs – to close crown
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
Gauge: 24 st and 33 rounds in 4 in/10 cm in pixel texture pattern
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch marker
- Blocking pins, blocking mat
- Circumference around brim (with smaller needle): 10 (14, 16, 18, 20, 22) in/25 (35, 40, 45, 50, 55) cm
- Base to top of crown: 4.75 (6, 8.5, 10.5, 11.5, 13) in/ 11.875 (15, 21.25, 26.25, 28.75, 32.5) cm