With easily-memorized texture and a cozy, lightly slouched fit, the Visby hat is a quick unisex knit for yourself or for a gift.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes: Child (Adult S, Adult M)
- DK | Three Fates Yarn | Chione DK | 100% Superwash Merino | 250 yards/229 meters in 115 g 1 skein
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 4/3.5mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle — ribbing
- US Size 5/3.75mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle — body of hat
- US Size 5/3.75mm DPNs — to close crown
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- 21 st over 4 in/10 cm in pattern with largest needle, blocked
- Note: Different gauge and/or yarn substitutions may affect yarn consumption and size.
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch marker
- Pom pom maker or purchased pom pom (optional)
- Blocking pins, blocking mat
- Circumference: 16 (17.5, 19) in/40 (43.75, 47.5) cm
- Length: 9–10 in /22.5–25 cm from cast-on to bind-off
- Note: For more slouch, work to 10 in/25 cm length before beginning decreases.
Visby was originally released in 2018. It was revised and updated in 2021.