Need a quick gift? Look no further! These delightful fulled mittens can be finished in a single weekend, and provide the perfect canvas for exploring your creativity.
One size (women’s medium/large) Finished size 12″ top to bottom, 4 ¼” wide side to side (approx.)
- 200 yards Jamieson Aran 50g/101 yards per ball
- US Size 10/6mm DPNs
- Lightweight wool for embroidery (rustic red, green, charcoal)
- Transfer paper that dissolves in water
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Large eye embroidery needle
- Stitch markers
Gauge: 14.5 st and 19 rows over 4″ (approx.)
Mitten will shrink roughly 20% in width and 25% in length with fulling.
Important: Do not use wool that has been bleached (cream/white wool is often bleached, so check the label). This inhibits the ability for wool to shrink during fulling.
Fulling or Felting?
Fulling is the appropriate term for what we commonly call “felting.” Knitting an item and subjecting it to moisture, friction and heat to “shrink” the fibers is called fulling.
Click here for Weatherly Mitts tips and tutorials.