The knots in this pattern are practically poetry – an ode to wildflowers translated in stitches. I love the understated texture they create, giving the impression of embossed detail over a background of solid color or tonal yarn. If you love color, you can just as easily try this pattern with a variegated or speckled colorway.
For the baby/child sweater, see Wildflower Cardigan here.
For the grown-up sweater, see Bentley Cardigan here.
SIZES: Baby/Toddler (Child, Adult Med, Adult Lg) referred to as sizes 1 (2, 3, 4) throughout pattern
YARN: Sport weight | Malabrigo Arroyo |100% superwash merino wool | 335 yards/306 meters in 100 g | 168 (193, 222, 255) yards/154 (176, 203, 233) meters
Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge (especially row gauge) and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 4/3.5mm (12-16 in/30-40 cm) circular needle – body of hat
- US Size 4/3.5mm DPNs – to close crown
- US Size 3/3.25mm (12-16 in/30-40 cm) circular needle – ribbing
Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
GAUGE: 26 st and 30 rows over 4 in/10 cm in wildflower pattern with largest needle, blocked
- Head circumference:14.75 (17.25, 18.5, 22.25) in/37 (43, 46.5, 55.5) cm
- Brim to crown: 7.25 (9.25, 9.75, 10.75) in/18.25 (23.25, 24.5, 27) cm