The 4 day sweater is back and you can find it here.
Last year scores of knitters climbed aboard the party bus of the 4 Day Sweater KAL. Were you one of them? Here’s how it went down:
- I spontaneously knit a sweater in 4 days (you can read about it here).
- Knitters across the map grabbed their knitting needles and their best knitting friends (and some snacks) and decided to try it for themselves.
- We cheered each other along in the Knitters’ Lounge (join us in the Knitalong with Olive Knits Facebook pop-up group here).
- There were prizes.
- We made sweaters!
Here’s why it’s back:
I’m knee-deep in writing a knitting book, which means I don’t have much time for my regular design schedule. I have more ideas than hours in the day. I found myself saying, “I’d love to knit up a new design but I just don’t have time.” And as excited as I am about the book, I am really antsy for a little instant gratification. Can we call 4 days instant gratification if it results in a sweater? I think so.
Maybe it’s the time of year? Spring and summer make me feel like a super hero. Or maybe it’s that I’m in desperate need of a non-book-writing diversion, just to keep my wits about me. Or maybe I’m a teensy bit crazy. (Possibly all three.)
But when I found myself saying out loud, “I wish I could knit up a new design but I just don’t have time,” the very next thought that occurred to me was this:
I bet I can find four days.
I mean, I can BARELY find four days, but if I’m strategic and focused, I think I can scrounge them up. (I thought I was busy last year! Ha!) And with that, the 2nd Annual 4 Day Sweater became a thing.
Here’s how it’ll go down:
- It all starts with me; If I can’t knit it in 4 days, I can’t expect you to. My 4 day personal challenge kicks off May 25th, and runs through May 28th at midnight. I’ll knit the whole sweater – start to finish – in four days (or die trying).
- The pattern will be released June 15th to give you time to swatch and plan.
- The 4 Day KAL #4daykal will commence July 1st and run through July 15th, 2018. I will give you two full weeks to find the best 4 day window that works for you, even if you need to break it into chunks over the two weeks. (And let’s be honest, even a 14 day sweater is a pretty sweet accomplishment, don’t you think?)
- Buddy System! I’ll be sharing more about how we’ll incorporate the Buddy System into this year’s KAL, because everything is more fun with friends. We’ll register Buddy Teams in the Knitters’ Lounge and teams with the most finishers will earn some serious bragging rights.
- If you don’t finish, so what? The 4 Day KAL is more about giving yourself a fun sweater adventure and challenging your personal best. When you finish is less important than how much fun you have trying.
Not sure what a KAL is all about? Check out my article: How to Knitalong.
Stay tuned for more!
- Foxtrot Cardigan$12.00