Everything you need to know about The Third Annual 4 Day Knitalong (2019).
This year’s FABULOUS yarn sponsor: Lolodidit (Simple Worsted)
Timeline of Events:
April 26th – Yarn shops receive preview information for shop samples
May 23rd – Pattern preorder launches (including: yarn, gauge, swatching, and theme details)
June 27th – Official pattern lands
July 4th – Cast-On Day!
July 15th – End of the official knitalong
Where to Participate
- The Olive Knits Knitters’ Lounge private Facebook community. Click here to join.
- Your Local Yarn Shop (if they aren’t already on the list, feel free to invite them to join us)
- Create your own knitalong group with friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How did the 4 day KAL come about? It started in 2017 with a personal challenge to knit a sweater over a 4 day weekend. The result? A finished sweater, and an intrigued community who asked for a chance to try the idea for themselves. The 4 Day KAL was born.
- How does a 4 day KAL work? Whether you’re participating with us in the Olive Knits Knitters’ Lounge on Facebook, or with your yarn shop, guild or friend group, all you really have to do is buy the pattern and knit along with us at the pace that feels right to you. The official KAL timeline and details will all be provided in the preorder packet download, which will be available on Ravelry and here at OliveKnits.com on May 23rd, 2019.
- Do I have to knit it in 4 days? Nope. The purpose of the knitalong is three-fold: 1) Have fun and make new friends, 2) Enjoy a personal challenge, 3) Knit a sweater more quickly than you thought you could. That’s it. Whether it takes you 4 days, 4 weeks or 4 months (hopefully not 4 years), the goal is to keep going and have loads of friends to cheer you on along the way. This knitalong is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, and you’re going to love the support, encouragement and friendship along the way.
(Note: If you’re a participating shop and you’re not on the list, let me know and I’ll add you.)