NOTE: Cascade Locks Tam is a completely redesigned and updated release of Marie’s 2015 pattern of the same name.
Cascade Locks is a charming small town forty miles from Portland, Oregon that provides a most picturesque inspiration for the wavy slipped stitch waterways in this design. This textured topper knits-up quickly and will be a favorite for those who don’t care for a close-fitting beanie style.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes: Child (Youth, Adult Sm, Adult Lg)
- DK | Sew Happy Jane Delightful DK | 231 yards/ 211 meters in 100 g per skein| 100% Superwash Merino | 325 yards
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 3/3.25mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – ribbing
- US Size 7/4.5mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – body of hat
- US Size 7/4.5mm DPNs – to close crown
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
Gauge: 22 stitches in 4 in/10 cm in pattern
- Circumference around brim (with smaller needle): 14 (15, 17, 19) in/35 (37.5, 42.5, 47.5) cm