Texture lovers, this one’s for you! Twisty cables with a hint of garter stitch come together in this gorgeous, close-fitting beanie – inspired by one of my favorite little neighborhood streets in Australia. Make it a matched set with the Selwyn Cowl.
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Skills used: Cables, knitting in the round, reading a chart, knit, purl, decreasing, increasing
Sizes: S (M, L) — Child, Teen/Sm Adult, Large Adult
Gauge: 26 st and 32 rounds in 4 in/10 cm with largest needle in cable texture
- DK | Kelbourne Woolens Scout | 100% wool | 274 yards/251 meters in 100 grams | 210 (225, 240) yards/192 (206, 219) meters
Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge (especially row gauge) and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 4/3.5mm (16 in/40 cm) circular needle – ribbing
- US Size 6/4mm circular needle (16 in/40 cm) – body of hat
- US Size 6/4mm DNPs – crown decreases
Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- Cable needle
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch marker
- Circumference around body of hat:
- S/Infant — 17.5 in/43.75cm
- M/Teen — 20.5 in/51.25 cm
- L/Adult — 23.5 in/58.75 cm