Simpatico: Easy to get along with; compatible.
This lovely little cowl is an ode to friendship, and to the beautiful influence of differences. The second color is introduced gradually, and finishes the cowl on a slightly different note. This very subtle transition was inspired by the ways we are influenced (for the better) by those closest to us. Designed to be knit by friends, choose compatible colors and get started, and then swap a portion of your leftovers with your friend near the end so you can each finish off with the others’ color.
Experience Level: Advanced Beginner
Size: One size (approximately 27” circumference and 9” top to bottom)
- 215 yards fingering weight linen yarn for main color (Shibui Linen)
- 30 yards for contrast color*
- US Size 4/3.5mm (16-24”) circular needle
- Darning needle to weave in ends
- Stitch marker
- Blocking pins, blocking mat
Gauge: 26 st per inch in stockinette (gauge is not essential)