Bring it on!
The 4th Annual 4 Day KAL
Meet the Soundtrack Pullover!
This circular yoke pullover was designed with a unisex fit and finished measurements of 32 in – 64 in/80-160 cm (chest/bust).
Find the pattern on my website here.
Find the pattern on Ravelry here.
This pattern recommends a DK or light worsted weight wool, knit to a gauge of 21 st in 4 in/10 cm on a US Size 5/3.75mm needle in stockinette stitch, blocked. Many local yarn shops and yarn sellers are participating in the 4 Day KAL and will have yarn and color recommendations to inspire you.
Main Color: 900 (1000, 1100, 1188, 1283, 1360, 1442, 1528, 1620) yards/ 823 (914, 1005, 1086, 1173, 1243, 1318, 1397, 1481) meters
Contrast Color: 175 (187, 200, 212, 229, 243, 257, 273, 289) yards/ 160 (171, 183, 194, 209, 222, 235, 249, 264) meters
Note: Yardage may vary depending on your yarn selection – if in doubt, please order an extra skein.
2020 Timeline of Events
May 28th – Pattern preorder launches (including yarn, gauge, swatching, and theme details)
July 1st – Official pattern lands
July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th — Prize drawings for 4 Day KAL participants!
July 4th – Cast-On Day!
July 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th – Weekly Live Chats with Marie in the Olive Knits Student Lounge Facebook group.
August 1st – End of the official knitalong
Where to Participate
- The Olive Knits Student Lounge private Facebook community. Click here to join.
- Your Local Yarn Shop (if they aren’t already on the list, feel free to invite them to join us)
- Create your own knitalong group with friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How did the 4 day KAL come about? It started in 2017 with a personal challenge to knit a sweater over a 4 day weekend. The result? A finished sweater, and an intrigued community who asked for a chance to try the idea for themselves. The 4 Day KAL was born.
- How does a 4 day KAL work? Whether you’re participating with us in the Olive Knits Student Lounge on Facebook, or with your yarn shop, guild or friend group, all you really have to do is buy the pattern and knit along with us at the pace that feels right to you. The official KAL timeline and details will all be provided in the preorder packet download, which will be available on Ravelry and here at OliveKnits.com on May 28th, 2020.
- Do I have to knit it in 4 days? Nope. The purpose of the knitalong is three-fold:
1) Have fun and make new friends,
2) Enjoy a personal challenge,
3) Knit a sweater more quickly than you thought you could.
That’s it. Whether it takes you 4 days, 4 weeks or 4 months (hopefully not 4 years), the goal is to keep going and have loads of friends to cheer you on along the way. This knitalong is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, and you’re going to love the support, encouragement and friendship along the way.
- Is there a Soundtrack of music? Yes! We will be posting one song a day to the Olive Knits Student Lounge, but if you want it all now, get the Spotify Playlist here. (The music playlist is also included with your pattern download.)