A delightful, rhythmic dance of firework bursts, the Fireworks Cowl has a steady beat of texture that’s perfect when you want maximum bang with minimum focus. Light up your cool evenings with this dynamite companion to the Fireworks Sweater. Learn more about Fireworks here.
- Advanced Beginner
- One size
- DK | Sew Happy Jane Delightful DK | 231 yards/211 meters in 100 g per skein| 100% Superwash Merino | 325 yards total (Note: You can make your cowl a little shorter if you’d like to limit it to just one skein.)
- Note: Yardage is an estimate and may vary based on your gauge and yarn choice. If in doubt, please round up.
- US Size 5/3.75mm (16-24 in/40-60 cm) circular needle (metal needle with sharp tips work well for this design)
- Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.
- Approximately 21 st and 30 rows in 4 in/10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Note: Gauge will vary throughout the pattern due to the different use of stitches. Measuring over stockinette stitch will give you the best average to use for gauge purposes (thought gauge isn’t critical). Blocking will relax the stitch pattern sections and allow the entire body of fabric to dry evenly and consistently.
Finished Measurements (blocked)
- 28 in/68.6 cm circumference
- 12-13 in/30-32.5 cm top to bottom
Errata 3/2/22 – Please note the following changes in bold —
Page 4: Repeat rounds 1-13 until cowl measures approximately 11 inches, ending after a Round 13.